From Big Little Podcast Wiki
|Welcome to the Big Little Podcast Wiki - you too can be a transcriber! Find out how.|
Another way you the listener can participate!
If you've been wondering how you can be a bigger part of The Big Little Podcast family, transcribing the show so that it's more accessible to others is a great way! Here's how to get started:
- Go to the Show Listings page
- Locate a show whose transcription status is "incomplete" or "not started"
- Contact me, Brett, and tell me you're interested in transcribing that one! (My name on Fetlife is "LTD")
- I'll update that show's transcription status to "In Progress"
- Cue up the episode and transcribe away; get in touch when done and I'll upload it!
- Suggestion: Use a word processor that auto-saves or save your work frequently. OpenOffice is a good choice, because you can save a file in "MediaWiki" format: quite the time-saver!
Things to add to your transcript, right at the top:
- Your name! Credit yourself, and if you have a website or a profile, plug it! Add a link so we know where to find you! If there's one listed already, just add your name next
- The show's number, its recording and release dates, the hosts and guests